Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ISTA 301: Reflections on Class Presentations

For my last series of posts I want to look at what some of the other people did for their final projects. Having the opportunity to see what some groups came up with I can say that I was pleasantly surprised.

One of the two that is sticking out the most to me is "And Then I Woke Up", the game that was a top down perspective that traversed some amazing works of art. The reason I was so impressed by this is that, yes it was a simple concept, but the fact that the music and some of the artworks featured were created by one of the group members was amazing. I've been aspiring to become a game designer for a while, and so I can understand that they put a lot of work into their game, which was beautifully done. (I'm also reminded of a project called Yume Nikki , an indie project of similar style, though on a much darker scale.)

The other one that is sticking out right now is the MIDI poetic keyboard system. I thought it was a very interesting way to make use of Processing and showcase some of the more advanced things the language can do. Although it didn't have very many options, I still thought it was a fun project, and I actually enjoyed looking at it. I hope that the group will continue to work on it after the class and showcase a more complete version at a later time.

I'm not a huge fan of sitting through presentations, but both of these managed to keep my attention the whole time. So I thought it would be a good mention for one of my last blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment